A school ERP is a software application that digitizes the day-to-day operations of a school. The software application provides user logins to teachers, students, parents, administrators, principals, and managers of the school. These users can access the school ERP from their computer or mobile device through the internet. A good school ERP can add a lot of value to the school by generating different reports that can save the time of teachers and administrators and can help the leadership to take better and faster decisions.
Below we have highlighted the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) in School ERP, read and understand how school ERP help in improving your institute productivity:
- Can a school ERP system automate the entire school processes and operations?
A school ERP automates the most important systems and processes like attendance management, timetable generation, fee collection, parent-teacher communication, etc.
It is also possible to automate “almost all” the school processes and operations using a school ERP. And this requires a lot of customization and implementation efforts. A dedicated team of developers and project managers can help you automate the entire school processes and operations.
- Does it require any manual intervention? If so, why should schools go for it?
Software always requires manual intervention to ensure its proper functioning. The software requires the data to be entered into it manually. Maybe with the advancements presently happening in AI, the ERPs of future schools can operate without any manual intervention.
- How institute can manage online learning using School ERP?
Nowadays School ERP system offers an inbuilt online learning feature so that institutes can deliver online learning and customized courses to students even outside the classroom boundaries. School Software Pro has recently launched “Learn Module” using which the institute can create various types of courses and share them with students so that students can continue their learning without any disruption.
- How error-free the data, reports, and information that an ERP provides?
The data, reports, and information that an ERP provides are designed and developed to be error-free. During and after the development of the school ERP software, the software goes through multiple quality assurance tests to ensure that the reports and data outputs are error-free. Also, the computer software follows the GIGO (garbage in, garbage out) concept. In computer science, garbage in, garbage out is the concept that flawed, or nonsense input data produces nonsense output or “garbage”.
- What is the role of a school ERP in improving the academic performance of students and the pedagogical skills of teachers?
Improving the pedagogical skills of teachers and improving the academic performance of students do not come directly under the scope of a school ERP software. But a school ERP can help to achieve these goals through the various data it collects which can be analyzed to understand the academic performance and pedagogical skills of a school.
- Will the teachers or school staff needs to visit the school to access any information or feed data into the ERP system?
The teachers and school staff can access information from the school ERP and feed data from their homes. There is no need to visit the school premises to do the same. The teachers require only a computer with a good internet connection.
- Can a school ERP system help in making decisions at various levels?
Yes. A school ERP can help the leaders and teachers in making decisions at various levels. The various reports generated in school ERP starting with the grade book reports of students to the finance reports help the leaders in making the right decisions. The multischool dashboard of school ERP provider various reports to the school owners and board of directors to take decisions from a bird’s eye view.
- What can the school’s top management expect from a school ERP?
The top management of a school can expect the school ERP to generate various reports to help in compliance and decision-making. The top management can also expect the school ERP to improve the communication between teachers and parents. There are also many other expectations of top management that can be achieved with a school ERP like instant notifications to students and parents, fee due to alerts and fee collection, transportation management, grade-book generation, etc.
- Will the use of an ERP system be a burden for the teachers and the other staff?
The use of an ERP system will not be a burden for the teachers and the other staff if implemented properly and enough resources are kept on the payroll to manage the ERP software. There should be dedicated resources working on the ERP software management to make sure it is running properly. These resources can stay updated about the new features and functionalities in the school ERP software and implement the same in their schools.
- Is it fair that the school ERP providers charge according to the number of students in the schools?
Not all school ERP software providers charge the schools according to the number of students. If there are features that are used by all the students in real-time like an online examination or online classroom, these features demand a lot of server resources and can increase the hosting and maintenance costs. In such a case the school ERP providers will have to charge the school based on the number of students.
- How can institutes conduct online classes using school ERP?
Most of the school ERP software contains an online classroom module or will be integrated to another online class software like Google Meet. This functionality can be used by schools to conduct online classes using school ERP.
- Is it safe to upload the users’ data onto a school ERP system, especially when hosted on the cloud?
Yes, it is equally safe to upload the users’ data onto a school ERP system even while it is hosted on the cloud instead of hosting in a computer in your school. A determined hacker can access the data even if you are hosting the school ERP on your school premises. A cloud hosting can ensure better security as there are data from many schools hosted in the same server.
- What are the different factors that one should consider when opting for a school ERP?
While opting for a school ERP, the school leadership must consider the following factors.
- Does the school require a school ERP or a learning management system (LMS) or both?
- Does the school have resources to take leadership of the implementation and management of school ERP?
- Have you calculated the total cost of ownership (TCO) of the school ERP and prepared a budget?
- Have you enquired about the ERPs used in nearby schools in your network?
- What is School Software Pro School ERP and how it is different from other ERPs?
School Software Pro ERP Software provides user-friendly dashboards with login access for teachers, non-teaching staff, students, parents, and management personnel of your institution. There are various modules available in School Software Pro School ERP which streamlines all the processes of your institution. From the admission of new students to generating transfer certificates when students complete their studies, all can be managed within School Software Pro. School Software Pro is in development since 2009 and has helped hundreds of schools to automate their system and process. To know more take a feature tour to know why School Software Pro School ERP is for your school.